Friday 26 October 2012

Food Glorious Food!

So today I cooked - and I cooked to be better prepared for when those 'cravings' attack my nervous system and my sanity lol

I make these mostly for the hubby but my aim is to make them healthy enough that I can enjoy them too.

First was a lasagne - sadly yes it was made with white pasta sheets HOWEVER, no jars were used in the making at all! I made the tomato base using a carton of passata, a tin of chopped tomatoes, seasoning including oregano and then I added the extra lean mince beef along with many vegetables. As for the 'cheese sauce' I took a tub of low low spreadable cheese, used half (50g), added parsley and then boiling water and I melted the cheese!
Once layered up and before putting in the oven I poured the cheese-ish layer on top and let it cook away for roughly 20 mins. I then when cooled portioned it up in a small box with a dollop of mashed potato made with nothing more than almond milk.

Next was a turkey curry - I seasoned the diced extra lean turkey and then added a box of passata along with shredded cabbage, leek, mushroom, sweet corn, bell pepper, carrot and when cooked I remove from the heat and pour on top a container of fat free natural yogurt - season with turmeric before stirring and do not re heat as it will curdle!

I boxed up the curry with 2 table spoons of chickpea dahl for texture

These are now boxed up and in the freezer ..... Tomorrow I tackle the vegetable jungle that is 'soup' !!!!
Wish me luck lol

Out of curiosity what is your favourite health conscious comfort meal??? Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment