Saturday 13 October 2012

Day 3 - One Nasty Comment and My Day Went Splat!

I went into work yesterday morning with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I had that morning signed up to take part in my first 10k and I could not have been more excited.

When a customer (who claims to be an avid runner) asked me how my running was going and when I mentioned I had signed up for my first 10k he looked surprised and made a 'comment' regarding my weight an how if I were lighter my time would improve!

WHAT AN ARSE!

I came home on my break in a foul mood and feeling incredibly low - I didn't want to go on my planned run, I wanted to curl up in the foetal position and let him win. I guess it's fair to say he did win!

I felt utterly deflated in one sentence, he managed to make my goal of running the Inca marathon seem impossible. No his opinion should not matter and no it should not bother me but it did. Everyone has a 'soft spot' and he put a knife into mine!

I went back to work (I work split shifts) and ended up coming home at around midnight completely drained of all hope. Until I spoke with my husband who sat with me and reminded me of a few things. I should never let the comments of a supposed 'runner' harm me when he was probably forcing his own demons onto me! If that makes sense!

Sadly this morning I slept trough my alarm (I think the few years I shed took it out of me lol)........however I got straight up and went through my runners world mags to find a half marathon training plan whilst making a healthy breakfast!

Today's breakfast was an egg white omelette with cherry tomatoes and 1oz of goats cheese, with a cut up apple and pear. It was refreshing.

I will not let a nasty comment define me! In the words of confusious - fall down 7 times, get up 8!

Good Morning Everyone have a fantastic day xxx

4 comments:

  1. Youre right it shouldnt matter what a small minded no-body thinks but it still hurts regardless. I personally dont think size matters at all when it comes to running etc its down to stamina and strength and being generally fit and uf he was a true runner hed know that. You can be a size 8 and have no stamina and be very unfit and you can be a size 18 and be very fit and have good stamina. Youre doin a fab job hunni and havecome such a long way! Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline Scott (RTW member)13 October 2012 at 02:48

    Emma what you have achieved and what you are doing is amazing!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! U go girl!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pauline xxx That is incredibly sweet of you. xxx

      Delete