Monday 15 October 2012

Day 5 - Run Ginger Run!

Holy crap! I am pretty sure my lungs have exploded....if you happen to be walking along the seafront at any point and find pieces of them please hand them back lol

Today was the start of mine and my hubby's half marathon training and it hurt lol After scouring the Internet and many of our running magazines we have decided to use the Runners World Half Marathon Training guide which has us running at 3 and 5 mile intervals for the next 4 weeks!

The most I have ever managed is 5k in 39 minutes and 4 seconds and that hurt so I am aware that I am mentally not quite ready for the strain this will cause HOWEVER I am excited about it.
New experiences, better strength and endurance and achieving that 'runners high'!

The scenery on our 3 mile jog tonight was GORGEOUS......it was dark, raining (quite gently), all the lights were on and the waves were crashing - it really was lovely - it's a shame I was weasing so much I could barely take it all in lol

We managed the 3 miles - sadly it took over 45 minutes BUT I can only hope it will improve with time, sheer guts and plenty of steam in my shoes hehe!

I may have made a small and very cheap impulse buy a couple of days ago and it arrived this morning ...... A foam roller and it came with a free skipping rope - it hurts soooo good lol I was laughing it was so painful but good gosh it worked.
My legs feel as though they have shrunk lol if anyone knows of any moves I can use on the foam roller please clue me in - I only know the basic four (quads, glutes, lats and IT bands)!!!

I will be downing a lot of water and then heading to bed - if I can walk in a straight line that is lol

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE xxx the training has begun x

No comments:

Post a Comment