Friday 12 October 2012

Day 2

Day 2 - The Most Spontaneous I Have Ever Been Happened Last Night!


First of all let me start by thanking each and everyone of you for your support. When I logged on last night and saw the comments and motivation it literally took my breath away and I can't thank you all enough. 

I discovered yesterday that in March next year there is a half marathon on the Silverstone Race Track and as someone who enjoys her fair share of F1 I immediately invited a friend to join me (it will be her first half too I think) and before I knew it I had made a commitment (as in I told my husband and he will hold accountable until I pay for them). I, with the help and support from FB group Running The World (https://www.facebook.com/groups/runningtw/
will be taking part in a 10k in Dec/Jan THEN my first half marathon on February 17th - the Portsmouth Half AND THEN the Silverstone Half on March 3rd.

My hands are literally shaking with excitement as I type this. I have never been this spontaneous and the idea that I can AND WILL accomplish all this for the first time has lit a fire under me.

I am aware this will be hard and there will be tears and tantrums (mostly all at once I think lol) I want to experience all of that. I may not have been able to do this at size 24 and 18 stone but I will do this NOW hehe!

I am now on the hunt via the lovely WWW, to find a training plan that works and I am doing my research on injury prevention....figure it may help lol!

That being said I did sleep through my 6:30am alarm this morning and work up and gone 9am so no time to workout this morning BUT I will be going for a jog on my break this afternoon. I will be posting a 'mugshot' as accountability.

Again Thank You all xxx

Em x
p.s. if any of you know of, or have used a training programme, that worked for you please do pass it on to me. I would like to use a plan knowing that it worked x ty x

4 comments:

  1. Pauline Scott (RTW member)12 October 2012 at 02:37

    Emma try the 10 week half marathon training plan in Runners World mag. I used it for GNR and it's great. A huge well done to you, you are truly an inspiration! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! thank you that is incredibly kind xxx That is great thank you :-) I have my fair share of runners world mags lying around there must be something in them lol. You did the GNR that is fantastic, I am in awe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS spontaneous! I'd be nervous to even sign up for a regular 5K and I've run 3 miles(only a couple times though). How far do you run now?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kinda :-) I can do a 5k (3.1 miles) in 39 minutes, so there is room for improvement but not impossible ;-) xxx You would love taking part in a 5k, be spontaneous and give it a go, it feels amazing to push yourself over that finish line xxx

      Delete