Friday 2 November 2012

Once Upon a Pumpkin Soup!!!

Well it is official I am all better now :-)

Worst cold/man flu/bird flu/what ever it was!!! I am happy it has left my system.

So I am back to preparing meals in advance and today was an autumn pumpkin soup but as you can see from the picture it had so much more than pumpkin lol

All diced and chucked into a HUGE saucepan with 1 litre of boiling water in it and then I added cumin, chilli flakes, parsley, basil, turmeric and 2 vegetable stock cubes and a broth cube!

I boiled it before I left for work - after 35 mins I turned off the heat and left the lid on. When I came back on my break I blended it and portioned it up! And all done..... I did have a rather special moment though lol (when don't I lol)

After portioning I decided to lick the spoon.... Now is a good time for me to mention that I can't handle hot food!!! A polo mint is often too much for me.... That's right you guessed it, I was coughing and wheezing and my eyes were pouring! Stupid ginger moments of mine lol

If my hubby had been home he would have been laughing his head off! I wasn't silly enough to rub my eye or anything..... Think I will save that for next time lol

I am not sleeping very well at the moment so I have some Horlicks 'light' at the ready for tonight and I WILL sleep....I hope lol

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment